17 May 2009

Busy Week

Sorry about the lack of updates but a very busy week and lack of internet connectivity led to that. While this was the busiest week it also went the fastest so theres always a silver lining to the mayhem. I love weeks like we just had but some guys seemed to be showing their age...its pretty funny.

The killings of the army people at the other base dominated rumors over. It's hard to pass judgement anymore and I guess its hard to explain what some people go through unless you've been here. I feel bad for people who don't want to be here but while I in no think its okay I guess I can empathize with them a bit. While I'm fairly new to the military game I'm older and some these 'soliders' are kids. I can't imagine being over at 18 or 19. I think we push so hard for bodies they aren't given the whole truth. They see movies and video games and think I can do that, but they don't show the 10 times you gear up only to never leave or the other 10 times you go and find a hill of sand.

I'm safe my team is safe and we're now knee deep in buggy races. I strongly believe my vast experience at mario cart has directly led to my early success in the races...so to those young parent/soon to be parents that read this have your kids play video games but not join the army.

Kelly you'll be happy to know the only music here other than your ipod is country. Side note you never realize how many songs you hate on your ipod until you listen to it 6 hours a day. So I'm coming around on the country.

Everyone take care.

No comments: