02 November 2010

Out to Pasture

Well tomorrow I am leaving for another base, away from my team. I will be taking an administrative position for the next 5-6 weeks. Its purely optional and is more on the intel side than admin side but paperwork nonetheless. Its really good experience and looks good for team leaders which I hope to be on my next deployment.

The bad news is for the past week we have been busier than ever...gone out 6 of the past 7 days. However it might be about to really get heated and I have to leave. Our convoy was hit this morning. Our lead vehicle lost everyone on-board but they were all Iraqi guys. But they were high ranking dudes and we may have been set-up. I'll spend the next few weeks trying to find out and hopefully send my guys out to find some bad guys. I was really looking forward to this assignment but now I'm a bit hesitant to go but I think the overall good it will do for my future will be worth sitting out a few helicopter rides.

I'm going to try and post a video and a picture. The pic is of our lead vehicle this morning (nothing gory) and the video is us doing some Iraq roadwork. That is of course if they load. I may be out of contact for awhile its due to the move.

To my Pops...Happy Birthday. Hope you have fun at the Wild game. I promise I'll be there in person to celebrate next year (at least thats what my skipper told me). Love you Dad and miss you!

Hope everyone is doing well. I heard the Tartan High indoor soccer team is off to a good start.

No comments: